Quality Time cares for your child like you would.
Education and development are important, but we know that nothing matters more than the safety, security and health of your child. That’s why protection and preparedness are critical considerations in everything we do at Quality Time Childcare center.
From first aid training for emergency situations to sanitation and ensuring a clean and healthy environment for children, we have more than 15 years of experience ensuring that every child is happy and healthy. Although scraped knees are a part of growing up, you can have confidence that your child is cared for in a secure, nurturing environment every day.
How we ensure health and safety at Quality Time Childcare
- We assess every child’s health by talking with parents and monitoring for symptoms during the course of each child’s day with us; we increase assessment during flu season.
- We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
- We clean our centers each day with safe, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Cleaning supplies are locked safely out of reach of children.
- We encourage children to wash their hands throughout the day by singing songs and teaching lessons about health and hygiene.
- Diapering is conducted in an area separate from children’s play areas.
- We have strict policies for administering medication to your child to ensure they are protected.
- Based on new research about healthy practices for children, we require a doctor’s note for any medication, prescription or over the counter, given to our children to ensure safety.
- Medications are stored securely out of the reach of children.
- Our centers are secured so that only authorized staff and families may enter.
- Safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
- We use safety gates, window guards and cap electrical outlets.
- Our centers include smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
- Radiators and heaters are covered to prevent your child from touching something hot.
- We have dedicated, friendly caregivers who are trained in child development, early-childhood education or a related field.
- We conduct criminal background checks to ensure trustworthy staff and passionate teachers provide the best care and education for your child.
- Our staff and teachers are trained in first aid and CPR.
- We are serious about training for earthquakes, fires and lockdown situations.
- We have an emergency evacuation plan in place.
- We don’t just have a plan, we regularly test and train so our people are ready.
- Only pre-approved people with a written letter from the child’s parent may pick-up your child.